View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2005
Novicius

Silence Storm is flying high
Unhappy Help! Power Outage caused corrupt file in Limewire

Hi
I am at my wits end. I had a power outage and I was on Limewire. It caused the download.dat file to be corrupted and unreadable. Also the download.bak file disappeared.

I have uninstalled Limewire and reinstalled it and the incomplete folder keeps coming back with only the download.dat file at 0 bytes.

I have tried to delete the Incomplete folder and evrything Limewire. Computer won't delete Incomplete Folder because of the corrupt file.

I have tried putting backups of the download.dat &.bak in the incomplete folder. it will not overwrite the corrupted file and the backups are both there. The download.dat backup will show up in the library in red as an incomplete file. I have tried everything that I can think of.

The only thing I have left to try is doing a full system recovery which I really DO NOT want to do.

If someone can help me fix this, I won't mind the loss of all the incomplete files that I had in the library. Dummy didn't think to do a backup of them before I deleted them from Limewire.

Please, Please, Please, Please, someone be able to help me.

Silence Storm