View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2005
Novicius

jillliew is flying high
Default Corrupt Files After Win XP SP2 Install

A couple of days ago I installed SP2 and I thought everything went ok besides the Windows Firewall trying to take over my computer. I use Sygate and I don't need or want their crappy firewall. I think I turned it off in My Computer, under Manage. Maybe I screwed up and didn't do it right. I would have contacted MS about this problem, but I don't exactly want to tell them what I am doing and having problems with.

Today I downloaded 10 music files, first since SP2. Afterwards I played them in WinAmp and discovered that the first track was corrupt. Played about 20 seconds, then play the same thing over and over again. Thinking I had a corrupt file, big deal, I played another one, totally different track and it played the same thing the first one did, as did all of them after I tested them. How can I download 10 different files, 10 different titles, I'm not sure about the host, and get the same song and same corruption in each of them. I have 5 different players and the same thing happened in all of them. I use WinAmp the most so I uninstalled and reinstalled it, along with Lime Wire (not pro). I'm not tearing my hair out yet, but I'm close. If anyone has/had the same problem, or can help, I would appreciate it. My previous downloads play fine. TIA Jilliew