View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Re: still having a problem

Quote:
Originally posted by srb67
I purchased Limewire for 27.80, the pro edition was 37.68, which
I did not purchase....I have the lifetime full & unlimited access. Went to support, but they could not help because I am not a pro. owner.
That's right! There is no lifetime & unlimited access ... they're the words that many scam sites use in their advertising. LW Pro is simply 6 months of free updates & customer support over that time. Your version looks the same b/c it either is the Basic version downlded from the LW or it's a LW clone. There is no such thing as versions 27.80 or 37.68!!! Your version was not purchased from the "official" LW site. I don't know how much you paid but as I said earlier, there is ONLY one place to purchase LW & that's the official LW site. Also, if you paid for LW but don't have the pro version, then you have paid for the Basic version which LW offers for FREE. See where I'm coming from now? Unfortunately there's nothing you can do as updating pro since you don't have pro. But you can start by getting the official LW version by going to the official LW site & sticking with them. I'd be curious to find out more about what version you have. Does it say LimeWire? If possible I'd like you to post it to me so I can view it & see what you were given. Do you remember the original website address where you purchased? Have a look at my link for 'Known Scam Sites' above & see if it's listed there.