View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2005
Novicius

yash07 is flying high
Default Download/Upload Speed Errors

Greetings,

First of all I would like to thank you all for the amazing support you are offering for LimeWire even though I never really experience any major problems with LimeWire.

I have been using LimeWire for over one year now and have always obtaining a decent download/upload speed, approximately 60% of my connection speed. However, for the past few days I have experienced a drastic decrease in both download and upload speeds. The maximum download/upload speed noticed, on a 512Kps/128Kps is 3 KBps / 2 KBps. I have left LimeWire, on test, for two days trying to download a file with a large number of sources (150+) but still, on average, I obtained a speed of 2 KBps / 1 KBps.

I also have tried as suggested by dead205 in a previous thread, to change the listening port to 80 and the manual forwad to 80 but to no avail. I also have tried several different range of ports. (Kindly note that I have also enabled these ports in my firewall)

I have made no major changes to my system whatsoever, including no upgrades, Java version changes, firewall and/or new software.

I would like to know whether this decrease in speed is normal or has it been slowed down by my ISP on purpose or maybe is it a bug?

FYI : I am using an Intel Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512 MB DDR-II on a Windows XP SP2 Home. I also have removed the allowed number of half-connections using the lvllord patch.

Thank you for your kind consideration.