View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

I am not quite sure what happens if you try to purchase Limewire Pro with an invalid E-mail address, but I'm fairly sure your membership does not actually become valid until you respond to the confirmation e-mail that Limewire send you. So if Limeweire sends a confirmation E-mail and it bounces, I would imagine the purchase would somehow be cancelled.

I would suggest you find out asap how much you have been charged. Your CC company should be able to tell you via phone or online banking in a few days.
If the amount is not US$18.88, I'm afraid that Limewire was not purchased from Limewire, but from any one or any number of scam organizations (See http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=40162) and it is quite possible the CC details have been compromised.

If the purchase was made for Limewire @ US$18.88 from www.limewire.com, then I'm sure the matter will be resolved, but it might take a while.

There is no telephone contact for LW, but if you can confirm the price paid we can point you in the right direction.

I suggest yoiu cancell the credit
card anyway, as even if this was a bona fide excursion by this child, it seems quite possible he could have done heaven knows what else with the card.