View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2005
actively hating my ISP

punkprincess is flying high

thanx for the research dude...but it doesn't seem to be helping yet. as for the other thread, i've already looked on it and posted earlier about the same problem too.
i've been doing my own bit of reading, and a few reports suggest that skype manages to get around packet shaping somehow...i'm not a software programming person really [hard to be one when you're a doctor ] so i'm not sure what packet encryption etc exactly is and how it mite be implemented in relevance to p2p apps.
as for other ISPs yeah they are there, but not in my local area yet. the broadband market's still new here, and players are still establishing themselves...and though my ISP has been cursed a lot by other ppl using pacenet on my local forums, but no one there has a real solution either.
i'm gonna try the after 7pm thing, lets see if it helps...
also, i checked out the cfos link, its some software claiming to get around packet shaping. now if only LW developers would integrate that sorta technology[if it works, that is] in their next LW version then life would be great wouldn't it?