View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2006
Gnutella Admirer

dsoslglece is flying high
Smile upload, the number shown on LM

Hi every one, there is a small detail I'd like to have confirmation of :
In library, there are columns, and so, under "hits", are, I believe the number of times one or more of the words included in the title of one of the files has been asked for, for instance if the file is named "Schubert sonata for vln & pno", it will register 1 for each person on the web asking for example:"[Schubert] quartetts", or "Beethoven [vln & pno sonatas]" or "Brahms [sonata] for trombone" (there ain't any!!) or even "[piano] rags"... I thing that's what it is, but now, what about the next column ? it looks to be the amount of times a file has been downloaded, isn't it... but though, there is one thing : I've got some files here which seems to be very asked for, since in just few hours, the number shown on that column is 25, but the funny thing is that I didn't see 25 different uploaders of it, and so, could it be that it indicates also if some one (or few ones) was DLding from that uploader ? of course, I din't watch all the time what was going on, but I'd like to have some confirmation of it, if some one has the clue...