View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2006
Novicius

Stonerosey is flying high
Question Yikes helps this makes no sense!

Hey, I have Limewire pro. Have used it for over a year.

Recently though, the firewall thingy has shown up. Maybe I just never noticed it before, but I do now.

I have been downloading some things that aren't super popular, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

This I don't understand. How come I can download some things and the others come up and it says "need more sources". I start the search over and the same stuff comes up. Some of the hosts are even browsable and I still can't download from them. This ****** me off.

I have gone through loads of posts trying to figure or configure this out to no avail.

I have made sure my windows firewall is disabled - nothing changed.

I went in and did the thing where you enter the listening port numbers and gnutella stuff and that didn't change anything.

BUT after I did that, the listening port number changed! So I refilled in a new one along with the old one and a few days later the boxes seemed to uncheck themselves or something.

I don't have Norton firewall. I made sure my linksys was p2p happy yet I still have the firewall signal on my limewire and when I try to do direct connect, it says I can't because of a firewall too.

I am wireless on a laptop and have Verizon dsl. I don't know if they have a firewall and I don't know if you call them will they give you attitude about p2p?

Yeesh. Also none of these files are on Bitzi, I checked. In fact most of em are M4a's.

Maybe someone can help a girl out here ay?

Thanks a pile,
Stonerosey