View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2007
Apprentice

peermedia is flying high
Default 99% of uploads are getting transfer interrupted

Hello, I know there are hundreds of topics on this already and I've read almost all of them since 2002 without any resolution. I'm on a direct connection to the internet, so there's no routers being an issue here which is what most people were experiencing and I've disabled my windows firewall trying to get this to work. I can connect to ultrapeers, search and download but I can't upload at all without tons of transfer interrupted errors. Here's my system info:

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX ) XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.? XP home edition sp2 - Firewall disabled
2. What firewalls you have? Windows Firewall - Disabled
3. How much ram? 2 gig
4. Hard Disk space available? 100 gigs
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Motorola SB5100 Surfboard
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. limewire 4.13.0 Beta java 1.6
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Rogers
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? works
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Always been a problem for 2+ weeks
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? NO

I'm honestly at a loss here, connecting is no problem, searching is fine but I can't upload at all without tons of transfer interrupted. I get tons of upload request because I'm sharing several thousand files (average file is 2-4 Megs) and I'm on a 9 mbps connection. There's no firewall or routers here either so I'm at a rather big loss as to what i can do.

Thanks