Red face DL speeds are horrible

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
XP
2. What firewalls you have?
XP firewall with Limewire on the list of exceptions
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
almost 40 gigs i believe
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
Motarolla Surfboard model no. is SB5101
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?
house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
LW is 4.8.1 and java is 1.4.2_03
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?
Metrocast is the cable company i buy from
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
TEST WORKED!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
nope
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
experienced user, long running problem, i always thought it was my dial up and no that i have cable i noticed it was slow
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?
this will sound noobish but i dont see a world icon anywhere

these are my system specs to the best of my knowledge. okay i have configured my max bandwidth slightly lower than it is rated at. But i am still downloading at a rate no more than 10 KBps, and when it reaches 10 it immediately goes right back down to about 3-5 KBps. And whats even more annoying is that most of the time it doesnt go above 5 and hovers around 1 or 2. I have a cable connection at around 700 KBps and an upload rate of about 45 KBps, why am i still downloading so slowly? My buddy has the same connection through the same company and downloads file (videos especially) at speeds ranging from the 20s to the 60s. One thing i just thought of is that i may need to upgrade my limewire... PLEASE HELP