View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2007
Novicius

jbsmoove is flying high
Default Need More Sources?

I have recently been experiencing a problem, where everything I try to download, tries to connect for a few mins, and then goes to "need more sources" I have been using limewire on this computer for a few years now, and have never had a problem with this... that wasnt an easy fix. Heres my details.. as I can see it drives people nutts when they are not included!

1. what OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista) XP
2. What firewalls you have ? windows firewall, and there is a firewall built into my modem/router aswell
3. How much ram ? 1gb
4. Hard Disk space available ?55.3gb
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ?broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ?2wire gateway 2700HGV-B
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.) ?House
8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.?Limewire:4.12.11 Java: 1.5.0_03
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ? Sasktel
10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ? Your Test Worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. ! other computer, Same brand(dell deminsion desktop) 26.3gb of HD memory left, 512mb RAM, limewire is not installed on this computer, I have also tried installing bearflix, but have a similar problem
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.?new problem with expeienced user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ?No, a port has been opened in the firewall
14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ?yes
15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.?on

Any info would be appreciated... Im starting to think my ISP is blocking me from DL'n stuff.. and if thats the case....... Im not a happy camper.. I pay for a faster internet connection because I download so much! Just figured I would try this avenue before I call sasktel, and cause someone to have a bad day... LOL