View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2007
Apprentice

tartop is flying high

None of the suggestions given ever worked, here or on other posts, I finally got Limewire to run on my own.

Here is what I did after trying all the other suggestions here and on other posts. Before I started to do all that others were saying to do if Limewire quits after running for 15-30 Minutes I had Java 5 up to version 11, so I uninstalled all the Java installs, and installed the Java everyone is advising, I uninstalled Limewire deleted all Limewire files and all the other things I was told to do, and after doing all that I could not even get Limewire to even start up long enough to even answer the setup questions.

So finally I uninstalled all the Java files I was told to install...
Then Uninstalled Limewire, and deleted all other LimeWire files.

"If you do not know anything about the registry then don't mess with it" if you do open it and before you do anything back up the registry.

Next I went to the registry I then searched for java, and deleted any entries that had to do with any of the other installs I had made.

Then I reinstalled the Java 5 ver. 11 HERE which was installed before I was told to uninstall ALL my java installs.

Then I downloaded the Beta version of Limewire 4.13.2 "which is running right now, and has been for the past hour" The installation went as smooth as it did the 1st time I installed Limewire a few years back.

So this worked for me, BUT remember BE CAREFUL WITH THE REGISTRY, and make sure you back it up if you are going to try the steps I did, and don't get angry with me if it does not work, I am just telling everyone what worked for me....

-Hank