View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2007
Novicius

Gloveberg is flying high
Default The usual download speeds cry for help ;)

Hello all!!!

I have been using limewire (the free one, not the PRO version) for several years now with great success until a couple months ago when my download speeds just dropped from 45-65 KB/s down to 10-15 KB/s (on a good day). I can download files from anyplace else on the net at my normal speeds, just not limewire.

I have scoured threads on this forum for the past two days trying suggestions given to others in the hope thatone of them would work for me but nothing has changed. Like I said, I have been on limewire for a long time (since KAzaa bit the dust a few years back in fact) so this is not an initial installation problem nor an isp thing since everyplace else runs fine. Has limwire configured something to throttle free users download speeds?

I run Windows XP and have a 512/128 DSL connection. I have tried it with my McAfee firewall disabled. I have tried deleting the .limewire folder. I have gone through the "options" and tried every trick it seems posted in other threads regarding the sliders. I have uninstalled and reinstalled JAVA JRE.

Any help will be very greatly appreciated . Thanks!