View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2007
65 million years behind

Guana77664 is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceht View Post
I've been there, but I grew up listening and playing oldies music (records/albums) and once in a while, my mind goes blank on the name of the song or the artist name. I ponder on it for a while, cuz I know no matter who I talk to, they have no clue what I'm talking about. Eventually, I figure it out. It's a memory thing, cuz I can relate to a certain song's release time, certain song lyrics, and often can remember the color/design of the record label, which helps me remember what I'm looking for. I'm a nut about one-hit-wonders myself! Weird, but I miss all those 45s! Admittedly, I have two songs I'm pondering now, what the name/artist is. I think I'll find them. I've only had one song so far that it seems no other P2P sharer has on Limewire. I found it on another share site, but I have since cancelled my registration with them for other reasons. Darn.
Oh, that happens. You try getting a song and for whatever reason, you can't. I just happen to be one of these people who won't give up until I get the song I'm after, no matter what it is. I just thought it was by one group, when it's by a different group. That's what threw me for a proverbial flying loop. And this gets me more times than not-even though I know notes, I can only remember a few at a time and I've heard HUNDREDS of songs in my lifetime, anything from Big Band music to modern-day rock (despite being hearing-impaired).