View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2007
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

If you're not seeing the firewall icon it's a good start
Sometimes you won't be able to find certain files in a search, because of which ultrapeers you're connected to & who they in turn are connected to...the size of the network makes it impossible to search the entire thing.

Do you see regular uploads when you click on the Monitor tab? In LW go tools > options > bug reports > view example. Scroll down to 'recieved incoming this session'...if it's true then you can recieve incoming connections from other computers & there shouldn't be a problem.

Ask your friend to direct connect to you. You'll need to click on the Direct Connect tab (below keyword) & give your friend the info that you see there...your IP address, followed by LW's listening port. If your friend's not firewalled, then they should be able to direct connect & browse your files!

If they have trouble with that, PM me with your Direct Connect details (don't post them here on the forum) & I'll see whether I can browse you. You'll have to leave your LW running as I'm in a different time zone