View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2007
Apprentice

rach_13 is flying high
Default Limewire won't connect!!!

Hi guys i'm new and i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong thread or repeating anything. My prob is that my limewire for about the past week has been stuck on 1 green bar. My sis also has limewire the same version and hers works fine on the same computer just we have diff login pages! I have tried all the firewall stuff and the uninstall i even upgraded from 4.8.1 to 4.12.11. I'm really stuck and don't understand why it works on one page of the computer but not on mine! Please help me!!!

my info is:
1. what OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista)
Windows Xp
2. What firewalls you have ?
the windows firewall, not sure there might also be a nortons one???
3. How much ram ?
4. Hard Disk space available ?
approx 76 GB
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ?
Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ?
i think speedtouch...
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.) ?
house
8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.?
limewire 4.12.11 , yes shows java 1.6.0_01
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ?
bigpond
10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ?
test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
n/a
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.?
have had for a couple of years and this is first problem
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ?
yes
14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ?
i think so, the exception bit???
15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.?
off

Would really appreciate some help! I am very confused and don't know what else to try.