View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2007
Novicius

chris333 is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Hi, hope somebody can help me. I'm having similar problems to the ones listed above. Have been having connection problems for 2 weeks now, always says connecting and never gets past 1 bar. I have reinstalled Limewire & updated Jave. Also have tried opening ports in the firewall and even tried setting up a proxy, which didn't work. Ran 2 spyware scans today and still no joy. Also have turned the Windows firewall off and the wall is still showing in Limewire.

I would be very greatful for any help because this is driving me crazy. I can't think of anything else to try & have tried the tips on here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

1. OS version? Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Only the Windows one
3. How much ram? 512MB
4. Hard Disk space available? about 10GB
5. Connection type? Braodband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? D-link router
7. Where are you trying to connect from: House, other house mates can connect to Limewire.
8. What version of LimeWire: 4.12.11 & Java: 1.6.0_01
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? BT
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? says 'Your test worked!'
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Experienced user, had problems for 2 weeks now with connecting
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes, even when firewall is off.

Last edited by chris333; May 11th, 2007 at 04:11 AM.