View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2007
Novicius

Formap is flying high
Default SLOW (or no) downloads

Hi,

I'm a new member with the forum, but have been subscribed to LimeWire for a long time.

When I first subscribed (a couple of years ago I guess) I used to be able to download ANYTHING! Now, I can't even get an audio request to download.

I can understand LimeWire trying to protect software makers from piracy and I'm not arguing that fact. But I paid for certain rights to download SOME programs. If I can't download any programs because of software piracy regulations, then what did I pay for?

Every time I try to download a program, I get a virus alert (using AVG). So either LimeWire put this "virus" on all programs or EVERYONE is putting virus loaded software on LimeWire. Even as cynical as I am, I find it hard to believe that everyone's software is tainted.

Now, I've been trying for three days to download a song -one song. And everytime I get "need more sources".

When I search the song list, I get dozens of hits for the song - (******). I usually click on three or four to try to get a download. Failure every time. I've tried during the day, afternoon and night. I can't believe every computer I hit upon is off or busy.

I'm using a HP a1630n computer (AMD Athlon Dual Core, 4600+) with XP Media. I have a very fast cable internet. I don't have problems downloading or uploading on other sites, so I don't believe the computer or my internet connection is the problem.

Is anyone else having these problems? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for the help.

Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form.

Last edited by birdy; May 23rd, 2007 at 07:55 PM.