View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2007
TechDude

Location: Flin Flon, MB. CAN _ small northern city in north central Canada
Brutus42 is flying high
Default Limewire Installation issues

I thank 'Lord of the Rings" for his recent posting on this matter with the Limewire fix.
I have to make a comment on it though.....
95% of the computer users out there (USA & Canada)wouldn't have a clue on how to follow even these simple instructions on getting Limewire working. I know, because I deal with them on a daily basis !
AND, it seems, that the Limewire software makers know about the issue, BUT say they are 'trying' to fix it for the 'next' version(s). I like Limewire, but these program gliches are getting more than annoying, but at least the current versions are adware/spyware free!
As in my posting, I made no alterations to the program, I simply changed the video card, of all things, and it worked just fine from the original install ! I do know that there are issues with NVidia & ATI on Direct3D & OpenGL applications and believe that there is an issue with J2SE_1.4.x and newer versions with a major lot of newer NVidia cards.
I've never had a Limewire loading issue yet with any ATI card that I've ever used and/or installed !
For those who've done everything possible to get Limewire to work and can't, get your hands on an ATI card, Rage, Radeon or newer, and give it a try. Betcha it works just fine without program modding !!!