View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2007
Novicius

001721 is flying high

Hi, after reading many posts I am still unable to speed up my limewire. I have done a test on speedtest.net and my results were:
Download - 810 kb/s
Upload - 158 kb/s
On average I am downloading at about 40 kb/s. The maximum I have ever downloaded is around 115 kb/s. When the speed test says I can download at 810 kb/s I wish to be downloading on limewire at at least 700 kb/s. Can somebody please help me saying how I can manage this? Thanks in advance.

1. OS version? Windows XP Home
2. What firewalls you have? Spyware Guard, Windows Firewall
3. How much ram? 504mb
4. Hard Disk space available? 27.8gb
5. Connection type? broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? linksys wag54gs
7. Where are you trying to connect from? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? limewire pro 4.13.2, java 1.6.0_02
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? freedom2surf
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? the page says "your test worked!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. in my house there are 2 laptops and 1 pc connected to my router.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. I have never had maximum speeds but have only just realised how fast I should be able to download.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? no
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? sorry i dont understand this
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall. avg free edition
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). united kingdom

Last edited by 001721; July 26th, 2007 at 05:14 AM.