View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2007
Novicius

eza is flying high
Default Yet another LW and Vista connection problem!!

Hey everyone,
I have read through alot of other peoples threads and tried downloading Java and changing connections etc etc to the best of my abilities but im stuck!!
I have used Limewire before but on this new computer it never connects/gets past the first bar!!!
this laptop was bought in vancouver 2 months ago new-entry level HP.

1. OS version? VISTA
2. What firewalls you have? WINDOWS AND NORTON( CAME WITH VISTA) BOTH HAVE LW ALLOWED TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE
3. How much ram? 1000 ISH
4. Hard Disk space available? 90 GIG
5. Connection type? WIRELESS
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? ITS WIRELESS???!!
7. Where are you trying to connect from? HOME-WHISTLER BC
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? LW 4.14.10
JAVA 6.0.20.6
9. Who is your ISP? WISE TECHNOLOGIES
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? YOUR TEST WORKED
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. NO
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user? HAVE USED LW BEFORE BUT NOT ON THIS COMPUTER
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? YES
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?N/A
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall AVG free edtion NORTON-FREE WITH COMPUTER-PRETTY SURE LW HAS BEEN ALLOWED
16. What country are you living in? CANADA

I know you must be sick of replying to these threads by now but thanks in advance!!