View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2007
Novicius

dushy4 is flying high
Default limewire on vista-i m completely frustrated!

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)--vista ultimate
2. What firewalls you have?--zone alarm internet suite
3. How much ram?--1 gb
4. Hard Disk space available?--80 gb
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)--broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?--adsl2+modem
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?--house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both.--lw--4.14.10,java--1.60_03
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?--airtel(india)
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?--your test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.--no
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.--earlier using limewire on xp for past 1 year
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?--yes
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?---UPnP
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall zone alarm internet suite
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).-- india

i have allowed limewire in program control of zone alarm.also added exception in window firewall(though i have disabled it). downloaded the latest java 6 update 3, but limewire just show that it is connecting to network and nothing happens.i tried shutting down zonealarm suite but problems remains the same. please help.my email id is [edit]

Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own.

Last edited by wondering why; October 10th, 2007 at 01:08 AM.