View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2007
Novicius

overl0rd is flying high
Default Yet another that won't connect.

Hi all, been sorting through past posts and suggestions for a fix but haven't been able to come up with one.

1. OS version? Vista Home Premium
2. What firewalls you have? None.
3. How much ram? 2 gig
4. Hard Disk space available? 160 gig
5. Connection type? Cable, WL router
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Motorola Surfboard or bitsurfr or whatever Warner Cable is using now, W/L router is a USR 8054
7. Where are you trying to connect from? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? Using LW 4.15.2 beta and newest java(1.6.1 i think), have also tried 4.14.12
9. Who is your ISP? Roadrunner NEO
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Works
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? There is 1 other machine behind my router.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. New problem, experienced user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image Yep, even with the computer in the DMZ.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? UPnP is enabled, computer is set to be in the DMZ, have tried taking it out of the DMZ as well.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? AVG 7 Pro
16. What country are you living in? USA

I have uninstalled and cleared registry keys of limewire, uninstalled and reinstalled java. Tweaked the router before moving the computer to the DMZ, tried running LW in XP compatible mode. When I look under the connections tab in LW its blank. I'm baffled.

BTW this is a new machine, 1.9ghz AMD turion.