View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2008
Novicius

DuneAlia is flying high

I have an HP Windows Vista Computer and do share my internet with other people but I have also been doing so for the past two years and have had the last versions of LimeWire on my computer for those times and didn't have any problems until now. I have Trend Micro AntiVirus and NOW LimeWire version 4.18.8. I took the version before it, 4.18.3, off of my computer for space sake but am trying to download a torrent and so downloaded LimeWire again which gave me the latest version. I have Basic, of course, because if I had that much money I would just go buy this stuff instead.

When I open this version it takes it's time showing me 1 red bar which means it's connecting and never goes any farther. I wait a good 20 minutes. All the previous versions took seconds to at least get to the second bar to tell me LimeWire was now connected. It also disconnects on its own and then I go up to File and click "connect" and it connects for about 4 seconds before disconnecting again. I am completely connected to the internet during all of this outside of LimeWire. I checked out my Trend Micro a couple of times and couldn't find any reason it would be blocking it but I could have missed something. Can someone help me figure this out? I've had the last five versions before this and never had a problem until now.