View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2009
Valued Member contributor

skyliner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptanick View Post
Hello,
1. Sometimes my firewall icon is on top of the blue world icon which prevents a connection in Limewire.
2. I don't want to totally disable my firewall (I think it is from Norton Anti-virus maybe?) as it protects my computer.
3. How do I allow limewire past the firewall as like a "trusted program" without completely disabling my firewall (which would leave me open to viruses, ect..)
Thank you for your help.
Nick
Try this (config nortons internet security) if that doesnt work try this link (lw nortons internet security 3007) scroll down to post #3 by shanah16 --
someone else tried this:-
What i did is i went to the Norton Antivirus icon and i opened it. Then, i went to "pc security" and then to "manage firewall." Then i went to "program rules" and i scrolled down to limewire. To the right of the name was a thing that gave me three options. I could either allow it, block it, or custom. I chose allow and then i closed it and it worked! Im not sure if this will work for others because I have the newer version of Norton Antivirus but hey, its worth a shot.

Limewire links: (If LW 5 will not connect) (If LW 4 will not connect)(system details) (LW Clean Reinstallation Instructions) (setting up your firewall to accept LW)

LW links are changed at times to match the current problems.