View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2002
Novicius

term896 is flying high
Default A few simple ideas.. nevermind all the complicated crap

1. Resume failed downloads from any host based on checksum

2. User definable extension criteria. (Ie. Define what extensions make up the "Documents" group)

3. Mousewheel scrollable windows

4. Give up & clear a download after so much inactivity, possibly try another host if file is available from another host.

5. If you're not going to allow resuming from different hosts, then give the user the option to delete incomplete files. No sense in collecting them.

Finally.. focus less on built in players and chatting and all of this kind of stuff. There are plenty of other softwares available to do all of those things, probably better. Why not just make use of them?

Not so finally I guess.. hehe, a cool feature that would be cool to do in a perfect world, where something like this would be easily implemented would be to have the client test and checksum the files that it is sharing before they are shared. Test the integrity of zip/rar/ace/pdf/doc/avi files. Files that do have a beginning and end in their specification. That would be nice, but hard to do I imagine.

Anyway, maybe offer one or some of these features in a Pro version as some incentive to buy it. I don't know, good work all the same, keep it up.