View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2009
Valued Member contributor

skyliner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseyliamniall View Post
Im not that good with computers but have had LW on my computer before and it has worked. I have now got the pro and it will not work at all, ive spent hours trying to get some joy but everything i do does'nt do anything can someone please help me before my poor computer's life comes to an end. Many thanks people oh and by the way i have norton security and vista.
InLimewire Links (below) click on (If LW will not connect) and go through these fixes -- Try one fix at a time --- do them in this order: (i) Check your firewall (ii) Delete/Replace gnutella.net File (iii) Delete Limewire's Preference Folder -- if still not working go back to the top and do the rest of the fixes.
NOTE: [1] when you replace the gnutella.net file with a new one and save it to yr desktop check that the filesize is approx 25kbs or more.(gnutella.net download is 25.37kbs) -- if smaller download another gnutella.net file.
[2] The Preference Folder is another name for Limewire Folder.
if after all of this your problem remains click on (system details) fill in and post back here

Limewire links: (If LW 5 will not connect) (If LW 4 will not connect)(system details) (LW Clean Reinstallation Instructions) (setting up your firewall to accept LW)

LW links are changed at times to match the current problems.