View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2009
Novicius

Macadamia4 is flying high

OMG i tried the Gnutella.net method twice and it worked omfg ty birdy so much i could give u a massive hug mate !! look at all the info i had down to help you XD.

Though i wish every one good luck with their own problems.

. OS version? (eg: Windows 98): I have Windows vista and I do have an adminastrater account.
2. What firewalls you have?: I have Norton 360 and I beleive Windows Defender is a firewall aswell.
3. How much ram?: I beleive I have 1024 mb (sticker is fairly faded).
4. Hard Disk space available?: Around 55gb +
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.): Broadband.
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? (eg: Linksys WRT54Gv4): Belkin Wireless 802.11g (I hope i helped there :S)
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?: From my house.
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help bar > About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.: Limewire version 5.0.11 and Java version 6.
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Bigpond broadband.
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'.: It says Your test worked! just that single sentence.
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.: I am sharing the internet with my computor through the router only other p2p sharing program i can think of that i have is Bittorent.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. This is a new problem with an experienced user (had some small problems like this just closed and opened limewire and it worked).
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?: I use LW5 so when i go into advanced tools it says you are behind a firewall.
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?: umm well my router is connected to the modem and the phone port, i beleive UPnP has always been working as this has only been a problem recently and ive never port forwarded before.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall. Norton 360.
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).: Australia.
17. uNo my setup with my router and modem has not changed, Since this problem began i updated my limewire to LW5, I have updated my java before though there was no problem when i did, no i havent added any new software, I have not moved houses and i have not changed my internet plan.

I hope i was some use of help there

In my attempts to fix this problem I have done the following.

Uninstalled and reinstalled LW.
Checked my firewall to see if it was letting LW5 through (it says it was).
I removed the rule in my firewall and readded from scratch.
I have disabled performance options (Ultra, TLS DHT).
I have disabled OOB.
I have deleted trash from the incomplete folder.