View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2009
Gnutella Admirer

PickaxeFairy is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Do you find your downloads improve with more uploads? I certainly did. Also I browse my uploaders very frequently & find they're sharing material I'm after. For that reason I share a wide variety of material. Some shared material simply to attract those with the hard to find files, so it's nice to have them knocking on my upload window. lol People I'd spent years chasing after to find.
Not that I've noticed, no. Though given Limewire's unpredictability - give it time

What I do notice though, is when I've got three or four uploads going on quite happily at a decent speed - all it takes is for someone with a really slow speed - and those previously quick hosts' speeds just plummet! Guess that applies to everyone though....
I'll tend to go with it if they're sharing; just one of those things.... but if they're leeching, it's nothing the Kill Download button won't sort.

I too share a lot.... but I'd say 90% of my uploads are leeches.
I have a way of dealing with them though lol.... if they've got a fast speed and they're not affecting any other downloads or uploads, then I'll go with it.... but if their speeds are constantly dropping or sitting at 0% for ages - I just block 'em. Simple as.
Why don't these 'leeches' realise that all they have to do is share one solitary, single file??
If people are downloading from me and I realise they're not sharing (and if I should also happen to be in a particularly bad mood that day lol), I'm more likely to block them - or at least certainly kill their download.
Do they not understand that if they want the 'security' of ultimately getting the whole song, it's a whole lot more likely if they give a little bit back themselves....
And I absolutely agree - it's rather nice when you get a queue of people at your upload window.