Thread: Disk Problem??
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

trash is a relative term I guess...let's just refer to it as files that are no longer needed on your machine...most of us have some, I've even got a few myself, but I'm not pressed for disk space at the moment...what LOTR was indicating is that perhaps your drive is not only full of unnecessary files (which you would let click on and choose delete, then empty your trash can...and yes, until you empty the trash can, they are still considered to be available and are taking up space) but also has become fragmented which means there are available clusters of disc space all over the place as opposed to being in a nice neat block of open space...

soooo...to reiterate what LOTR advised, clean your HDD of unneeded files, then defragment using the tool he gave the location to...

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This