View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2009
Apprentice

gdawilson is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Have you tried removing LW rules from your firewall & then adding them again?

I guess you deleted LW's preferences folder? After deleting that folder, did all LW's settings within tools > options revert to default?

Which port is LW currently listening on?

When you updated Java, did you remove any other Java versions installed before installing the update?

AFAIK some Linksys routers aren't reliable in UPnP mode... have you tried port forwarding? The instructions for your router are here: Port Forwarding Limewire on the Linksys WRT54G
First step is to set up a static IP address: PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

LW's listening port, port in the 'manual port forward' box & port forwarded within router config must all be the same number.
1) No I never tried removing LimeWire from the MS's Firewall (exception) list. I only unchecked and re-checked the box beside LimeWire.

2) I believe so.

3) I'm not sure what that means, so I don't know how and what to check for.

4) Whenever I've installed a newer version of Java, I've made sure to uninstall the earlier one(s). But I haven't had to uninstall any earlier versions for months!

5) I've never tried port forwarding because I've never heard of it up until this moment.

When I've uninstall LimeWire, I've uninstalled it with a program called Revo Uninstaller (it deletes all of the leftover files, folders, registry keys, etc.). I leave for Cuba this weekend, and I won't return until the following weekend; so I won't be able to reply until I get back.