View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2002
Novicius

katcochila is flying high
Unhappy Serious Problems (Please Acknowledge!!)

I have an 500mhz G3 iBook with macos 10.1 and the newest java update. As far as I can tell, Limewire's network functionality is fine- I've downloaded a few files and their integrity seems to be OK, but that's all that works. There are several serious glitches that make limewire frustrating nearly to the point of unusability. To begin with, there's at least a one-second lag every time I try to do absolutely anything- click in a text box, click one of the four tabs, click search, try to download... anything. Every once in a while every interface element disappears for about two seconds- all that's left is the title bar and the gray-and-white striped background. This seems to be triggered at fairly random times by clicking on any interface element. Whenever a menu or another window overlaps the limewire window it leaves artifacts, and whenever the limewire window overlaps any other window it leaves artifiacts too. Limewire drags the whole system down too- it hasn't caused any crashes yet but it makes the finder and every other application run much much slower than normal and some of the graphics glitches seem to spill over into other apps as well.

I see lots of posts about similar problems and almost no replies from the limewire team. Do you guys plan to tell us what you know about these problems? Is this a problem with limewire or mac's java implementation? When can we expect updates from limewire and/or apple to fix this? Are you going to reply to me or what? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but you need to understand that if people don't get any information about what the problem is or when we can expect a solution they're not going to wait around and hope a fix comes out at some unspecified time in the future, they're going to go get another company's program. I don't expect you to solve all (or any) of my problems instantly but... how about just a little information??

Thanks for your help-
Marcus Verduchi