View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2002
Unregistered

Let me think a minute. Do I prefer a bad program or no program? You know, it's a tough call. If it didn't exist, at least it wouldn't be so annoying.

I believe the correct answer is yes, I want LimeWire to exist and work properly. And the developers should have the pride and accumen to make it happen. Otherwise, maybe they need different developers.

The Mac OS was developed on the fragile underpinnings of the old operating system and taken as far as they possibly could go with it, OS9, and knowing that if any more was added onto its shaky foundation, that the whole thing would crumble.

OS 10 was/is a large risk for Apple, but they KNEW they had to start over in building something solid that they then could develop into a monster OS. No pain, no gain. It was risky for them, and it has been sometimes painful for us. But the eventual result is undeniable. This baby is going to rock.

If LimeWire is trying to build a house upon a defective programming language, where is the wisdom in that?

I gladly paid for the pro version because I WANT them to be successful, but I also expect them to do their part in making this utility functional. Instead, their reply is that they hope that Java gets better. That is W E A K!