View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2002
Connoisseur

Julie Z is flying high

Hi Jennifer.

When you first start LimeWire, the default window is to search by "Any" type. In this case, you will only have one text box to enter information and it will search all types of media. You need to click on "Audio" at the bottom. I have found that even though you have all the boxes to enter information, it only will list and search from the first box (if it's a long title/group name). So, I enter all the information in the first box. For example: I type "song title band name" in the first box. That way the results will be the song/band that I want instead of all others who recorded the song too.

(I do ramble, don't I? )

The other question you had:

In LimeWire, if you go to: Tools > Options > Saving it will give you the path to where your folder is that your downloads are saved to. By default, (in Mac anyway) the folder is placed in the Preferences Folder. You can change it here.

In order for the downloads to show up in your Library, this same Saved folder needs to be placed in your Shared Folder. Go to: Tools > Options > Sharing
This will tell you which folder(s) you are sharing. You can add/remove a folder here.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

Last edited by Julie Z; October 27th, 2002 at 09:24 AM.