View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2003
amypag@attbi.com

Default Try drumbeat for Mac ...

I know they want twenty bucks but ...

Try the trial. It's pretty good. No adware or spyware.

You can actually find serials for it pretty easily during the trial but whoever created this software is monitoring it very closely -- every stolen serial number I've used, I got busted.

(Plus they send you these really personal e-mail messages like register and we'll treat you like family ... so I felt guilty and did and you knowwhat? they're pretty nice. That aladdin program spring cleaning ate my download and my word files (be very careful -- I don't think I'll use it again) and when I emailed them they got back to me in maybe an hour with my reg. code.)

Isn't there a file-sharing search engine on ICQ that would let Mac people share with anybody without an install? I'm an ICQ rookie so I don't know but it would seem like the easiest thing in the world to start a Mac group.

Anyway, maybe we should just Ftp each other -- it would be easier.

By the way, does anybody here ever have any luck playing movies on mac? (particularly when you've burned them as ISOs)? I talked to a Mac technician about it and even he said most files you download don't work with the filters and file-changers they're supposed to.