Thread: connecting...
View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2004
Apprentice

sullen-boy is flying high
Default Info

I’m going to try to answer your questions as best as I can. I don’t know much about my system.
OS version, I am using Windows XP Home edition.
SP's, Not sure what this means.
Java version,
connection type, Charter HighSpeed Internet
LW version, 4.0.8
Router type, D-Link DI 604 (Residential Gateway)
firewall types, I don’t know what a firewall is. I know after the new Windows Pack update I had to go to Control Panel to allow access, but other than that I have no clue.
anti-virus apps, I have McAfee Security Package that was pre-installed. It has a Virus Scan. No further info was given.

I am a student on a new Dell Laptop. I connect to the internet at home through Charter Communication Cable Company. My service is shared between (3) other computers in the house through a router. The above info is all I could find out about the router. After the new Pack update my system has changed. A forum member suggested that I go to Java.com to download the newest version, which I did. Not sure what version it is, I just know I now have a Java desktop icon. Sometimes when I turn my laptop on a window pops up and says that the connection to Gnutella has been blocked check port 6435. Before the update files would download with no problem, now they read “more sources” or “downloading from 3 hosts” but they don’t actually download.