View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2007
Novicius

aggreen is flying high
Angry Check with your ISP

***Your explanation of your dramatic drop in download speed nearly mirrors my "problem." My ISP has begun to pull the plug on downloaders of copyrighted material...music, movies, applications, etc. In my case, it was the plethora of videos I downloaded with my cable company's blazing 4-5 MBs. My ISP, Adams Cable of Carbondale, PA, told me that they receive more than 50 abuse complaints a day, mostly from Hollywood studios who "seed" with their own digital material, then track who is downloading it. It is not difficult for the studios to find out what computer ID is downloading and through which ISP the computer is connected. (I'm told that videos with "aXXo" in the title are studio seeds for tracking purposes.) I suspect your ISP is placing severe download speed limits on all P2P networks. Other than P2Ps, my download speed remains high (you can test yours at http://speakeasy.net ... click on the link in the lower right side of the home page). If your download speed test is satisfactory, yet your P2P downloads crawl slower than a snail, you've been targeted by your ISP and there isn't anything you can do about it since such activities violates the legal terms you agreed to to get their service.