View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2007
Disciple

ignore.txt is flying high
Question downloading Speed!@$#%

Hi there
I m very new to limewire in fact I only got it a couple of weeks ago after having no success with bitcomet. I started downloading some mp3s and its been great with no obvious problem; only that everytime the speed seems to only get up to 5KB/s max. I tried to download a few movies but I got alot of "need more sources" or speed at avaragely 1-2KB/s so needless to say..."very, very slow.. "
I ve read thru a couple of threads thats been posted on here and try to fix any connection problem (it does have 5 Bar Turbo-Charge on the buttom left panel..) if there is any but no luck still. I found this (below) and filled out; hopefully, if anyone out there got any advice for me would b awesome!!

1. OS version? Professonal/Home
2. What firewalls you have? Windows (has enabled limewire)
3. How much ram? 1024MB
4. Hard Disk space available? at least 70%
5. Connection type? Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? D-Link G604T
7. Where are you trying to connect from? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have?LW 4.12.3 Pro & Java 1.5.0_11
9. Who is your ISP provider? Telecom/Xtra
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? says "Your test worked!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Yes I share connection with my brothers at home but dont think I ve got any other p2p sharing programs. What do u mean by details of set up ?
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. 1st try I guess?!
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes (cant get rid of it even if turned off window firewell)

p.s. I got AVG anti-spy and anti-virus but the only firewell I ve got is wondows and as I said its been enabled for limewire, and also made sure the setting for modem/router is uPnP enabled

Jess.