View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007
Novicius

Pax is flying high

Having a similar problem, except that some of my downloads are really fast and some of them won't move past 1kps. There is the brick wall, indicating a firewall, but I don't actually have one. I checked my security center and made sure it was off (it was)
Any suggestions? Connectivity is "extremely strong" but that's apparently not doing much good

Also just tried the link posted above. Downloaded the song, peaked at 154 kps...download speed for songs in lw still sucks
1. OS version? Windows XP

2. What firewalls you have? CA Security center, all firewalls turned off

3. How much ram? 1.25gb RAM

4. Hard Disk space available? 36GB

5. Connection type? cable

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Motorola somethin....I think.

7. Where are you trying to connect from? Home network

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? Limewire Pro 4.12.11 & Java 5.0

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Comcast

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: 'Your test worked!'.

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. I've used Limewire a while. It's a new problem, and persisted past upgrade to pro

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes, but no firewall is on. Turned all of them off and restarted, still there.

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? Not a clue

Last edited by Pax; June 1st, 2007 at 06:56 PM.