View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2002
Gnutella Aficionado

Taliban is flying high

Quote:
If you want compatible clients "ALL" clients have to follow the same rules - so Gnutella is a democracy, actually the standards are fixed by the GDF!
There are no Gnutella standards, the GDF is discussing Proposals and Protocols some may implement while others may not.

Quote:
Yes I can if they do it with "spyware", I have no problem that they try to earn money!
Spyware is a tale, mothers tell their pre-pubescent kids to scare them. If I may give you one advice: "Don't believe the hype!"

Quote:
They do! Both have an own hostcache which is "exlusively" for their nodes! So they have their "private" net and the Gnutella net as a safety!
I assume you would pay for the additional bandwidth of letting other clients connect to your hostscache. Anyways, you can connect to router.limewire.com with various clients, including mutella, for example, which just happens to be one I tried.

Quote:
You should read the whole thread before you post!
And you should get your facts before YOU post rather than telling wild stories about what you suppose to be the truth without making the slightest attempt to verify it.