View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2002
Daemon

Nosferatu is flying high
Question Have you tried ...

Have you tried other options?

I started my gnutella-ing with LimeWire 2.2.4, but was none-to-impressed by a number of significant and avoidable bugs, and the lack of attention by LimeWire staff to these forums.

This I think is deplorable, because the support page on LimeWire's site points to these forums.

I also found the interface annoying, because I had to keep pressing 'repeat search' over and over and over and over.

I have heard that on Windows Gnucleus is as good or better than the commercial options. (I run linux, and the best I have found so far is gtk-gnutella. I haven't tried them all.)

This shows that you do not necessarily need to give money to encourage development, in the 'filesharing' world, and generally the world of open source.

Instead of giving encouragement to some folks who are already getting paid, why not encourage some folks who are trying to make software for free?

You'd be amazed at where a project like this can go when a bunch of people get excited about making something 'they own' collectively. Even the user can feel they are part of the project, where in a commercial forum the user often feels like they are the lowest priority.

Nos