View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2002
Enthusiast

Kaapeli is flying high
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i get it

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgwen

What do you think why this is called "handshaking"???

All clients which are in "actice" developement use 0.6! So tell me why they donīt work out a new protocol with all new features that "all" other clients can use them too?

This is improving the network!
I can't see your point. As you said, all clients wich are in active developement use 0.6 handshaking. 0.6 is the new protocol, and all clients (wich are under active developemen, not dead clients!) are using it. So, what's the problem?

Quote:

Its easy... other non commercial developer have not the time and money to create the features in the same time - if Vinnie donīt share his ideas he have in several months a better client than all others, so now the majority of the users decide to use his client (and Limewire) - the others die... more user = more money!!!

But the other developer donīt care, they want to improve the network and share their ideas...
Vinnie is making a geat client. Yes, other non-commercial clients may not develope as fast as BearShare and LimeWire. So, how can we help it? BearShare and LimeWire are using standardized features like SHA1 hashes and UltraPeers. Other developers can make compatible clients if they want.

Someone have to be the leader and show the way. Currently BearShare and LimeWire are leading and competiting against each other, causing the gnutella to develop fast. Other clients are following, maybe not that fast. There is no really a way to help other developers to implement compatible features to their clients.

This is how I feel it.

Quote:

What he is doing, is creating a new own network! He talked over a year ago about creating his own network... do you really think this is the last step?

Morgwen
Can you give me a link where he have said that? I don't know what he have said before, but now it really looks like there is no any sign that he is making his own private network. He would be already done that if he wanted to.