View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2009
Gnutella Admirer

PickaxeFairy is flying high

.... Following on ( and apologies for the double post ) .... so irritated am I (and I'm sure I'm not alone!) at the continual and ridiculous upload speeds on a 20MB broadband connection - I contacted Trading Standards.

Virgin Media *claim* to have an upload speed of 768Kbs - which in itself is slow; most other major broadband suppliers *claim* to have 1GB.
Fair enough, I always seem to be getting my full 20MB connection - but that's not the issue. Whatever time of day I test my speed, I'm getting no higher than 512Kbs - 550Kbs upload speed.... pretty much what I was getting on my previous 10MB connection.
I've contacted Virgin so many times and I'm not getting anywhere!
If it was at least near to what they *claim*, then that would be one thing, but it isn't. It's not even close!
What makes it worse is that all over the net, they *claim* to have speeds that they clearly DON'T!!

Anyways..... seems they're in breach of not just one, but two separate Trade Description 'Acts'.
I won't go into details; don't really want to get 'caught up' in any legal stuff .... but it would seem that *technically*, they're breaking the law.

Anyone else wound up by their broadband supplier's *claimed* speeds?